Monday, January 22, 2007

The Fight Within

Recently there has been a series of arguments occuring in the apt email-based...Spock fumed about his dishes not being washed and then took them away. McSweeny got mad and recoiled with telling him to get rid of his massive bag of cans in the living room. Then Shawn jumped in all mad and was upset with me for being hyperactive and so on.

I thought it was rediculous but John convinced me not to jump in. I was annoyed because I thought I had to stand up for justice but then after a while I realized that it is true. I have been annoyed at other things lately and am actively aware I just have to deal with it for a particular amount of time even though I sometimes can't help but show my sense of injustice.

When somebody is picking on you it's hard to sit back and take it all the time. There is defintely a specific kind of mindset that is necissary to deal with that stuff. I know I can't take very much usually so it's something that needs quite a bit of practice.

Especially in other matters that really get to me. I just have to remember my future plans or what benifit it is to hold my tongue for the time being and suck it up until then.

Then there is the other side, waiting too long. Sometimes things really do need to be dealt with or else you really will be the one getting the short end of the stick.

So how can you tell where and when and if even ever?

2 comments:

veg said...

I suppose you have to consider whether saying/doing something will make the situation better or worse.

When someone is being a jerk instead of getting angry or annoyed try being thankful... they are showing you your weaknesses and helping you to better yourself. (Crazy Buddhists). Or just think about how silly it is that they are angry (just don't laugh at them =P).

It is beneficial to stay out of the apartment argument so that you do not become the target of ranting emails. Except that the whole thing is so dumb... Obviously your apartment has problems with doing dishes, but I doubt yelling and threat emails are going to fix things. Retaliation rarely makes things better though seeing how everyone is likely pretty stressed.

What was I talking about?
Justice is lame.

Splatter said...

well i already knew you weren't pro-justice