Friday, February 02, 2007

Source of Ambiguity

Ambiguity is for fear and fret.

I know I am vague and cryptic only too much and yet I can't stand when other people are. From what it appears, people are ambiguous for several reasons: Fear, Guilt, and Ignorance.

On average mine would be Fear. Connected to Ignorance. Ignorance of Response. Even simplistic things can be overrated with the flick of the wrist this way. Most people suffer from this to some extent. It prevents you from raising your hand, from talking about things, from saving the drowning people even.

I don't know about you but i was in a group of people and saw somebody drowning I would worry that I wasn't supposed to save them and that somebody would be all upset if I took their heroic pre-position. I would likely tell somebody about it though if i was worried. Whereupon they would feel the same way and tell somebody else. Troublesome isnt it? That poor person drowning!

Due to my usual doubting personality [unfortunatly] my fear proceeds to assume that all other ambiguity could not possible be fear but must be guilt! How can they be afraid of Me?! They can't be so dumb as to be Ignorant either! Treason!

How difficult it is to believe otherwise too.

But also...for me at least "thank yous" must be perfectly placed or not placed at all and the bigger the thank you the better it must be placed. I know this isn't true but I can't help myself from feeling like it is. Maybe it is true and I am convinced I am wrong but I will never be sure. This leads often to people thinking i am real spoiled for not saying thank you for things- but in reality I am really thankful and just can't see to say it because the time was never 'correct' and then i've waited too long and can't say it at all. I think it will be a looong time before that one is fixed!

There is no advantage to the hidden morse code and the blinking of the eyes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor poor paranoia, I sympathize!

You should read that book I told you about.