Sunday, February 04, 2007

or rather, ...

Since it is such a dilemma for my subjects when my reactions consist of "..." or "=_=" I figured I too, should do an in depth analysis on the subject. Or else how could I explain to them realistically? If I didn't I would be giving one answer one time and another answer another time.

... is my favorite, i use it constantly. Unlike "=_=", "..." is not soley based on a general negativity. To do this the best way is to look at all the examples.

daemonzeiro (4:49:18 PM): i dun really wanna talk about it
Lr0dy (4:50:41 PM): You sure?
daemonzeiro (4:50:59 PM): yeah...

Mikyun205 (12:55:21 AM): what's new with you
daemonzeiro (12:55:36 AM): not much really...

This means what I say [usually things i don't feel like talking about], but it is on my mind. The "It is on my mind" is a fairly popular "..."

ScoobyDooKiana (2:41:47 PM): well actually 7 will be easy once we figure out 6
Daemon Zeiro (2:41:48 PM): ugh...i dont know...i have been looking at BB stuff for the test tonight
Daemon Zeiro (2:42:01 PM): there must be something online to tell us...

ScoobyDooKiana (9:12:17 PM): we are supposed to plot how far they actually moved, by their expected sizes right?
Daemon Zeiro (9:12:29 PM): i plotted how they actually moved..

Ugh 1 NR (2:19:02 PM): hehe well if you enjoy being with him...thats all that matters
Daemon Zeiro (2:19:29 PM): might not be good long term...

Aside from my use to connect two sentence fragments with them "..." also means that I am hopeing for a response- oftentimes due to uncertainty or fear of incorrectness in some manner. All three of the above cases are different: the first one is a "right?", the second is a "this better be right", and the third is "man, i really dont know what's going on".

x3x Insecure xEx (8:16:40 PM): lol
Daemon Zeiro (8:16:58 PM): yay...

This one is really close to =_=...in fact, it's nearly identical. It's sarcastic- even though =_= is not necissarily sarcastic in itself.

Now, <_<, _=",">_> are nearly the same.

<_<>_> together usually mean suspicion, it can be a joke or realistic- but it's prolly a joke.

r 3 d d 3 4 t h (11:44:58 PM): to see if I had a heart murmur
r 3 d d 3 4 t h (11:45:01 PM): which I didn't
Daemon Zeiro (11:45:08 PM): whew >_>

This function of the >_> is a sort of relief-but held breath. Since =_= can also be compared to a *sigh*. However you would rarely, if ever, see =_= in any of a compassionate aspect as you might see >_>.

The actual look is of the eyes partially shut. Droll, really. Although my current examples don't demonstrate annoyance/disapproval that is a main function of "=_=" and ">_>". A lot of sarcastic "yeah rights" can be attached to them as well.

Daemon Zeiro (12:32:49 PM): my eyes are burning =_=

The above is literal. My eyes hurt, they really do look like that. OR, it's your fault my eyes are hurting!!! In this case, the former fortunatly.

Certainly there are other meanings, but I am awful lazy and these seem to be the most realistic.

No comments: